Chocolate chip cookies are a part of many of my best childhood memories. I remember countless times making cookies with my dad and siblings. After making them we would fight over who got to lick the beaters. The smell of baking cookies would fill the whole house. Lucky none of us ever got sick from eating the raw eggs.
Now that I have kids I love baking with them just like I used to bake when I was a kid. Since we are all vegan in my household I had to do some testing to find the prefect vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe. I have tried many different egg re-placers :the store bought kind, bananas and applesauce. But I have found that tofu and ground flax seed mixed with water works the best!
These cookies are so delicious!! I make them for parties all the time and every time someone asks for the recipe. Most people are shocked to find out that they have tofu and flax seed in them!
And the very best part about vegan baking is there is no fear of getting sick from licking the spoon. You can even just make a big bowl of cookie dough and eat it all!!!!
Best Ever Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time- 10 minutes
Cook time- 6 minutes
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
2 1/4 cup of organic all propose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi melted earth balance ( or other vegan butter replacement)
3/4 cup cane sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons tofu blended with water
2 tablespoons flax blended with water
1 cup enjoy life mini chocolate chips( or your favorite vegan chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 385*
2. Mix flour, baking soda and salt and set aside
3. In a separate bowl add earth balance, cane sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Mix with hand mixer.
4. Blend equal part water and tofu in blender or food processor. Add 2 tablespoons of this mix to earth balance mix.
5. Blend equal part ground flax seed and water and add 2 take of this mix to earth balance mixed.
6. With hand mixed slowly mix in dry ingredients
7. Add chocolate chips
8. Place cookie dough balls on baking sheets covered in parchment paper
9. Bake for 6 minutes